Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentines Day 2013

Usually when its close to Valentines Day, I would be finding recipes for cookies and start to learn how to bake it before Valentines Day. Or I would be shopping alone in a shopping mall, entering shops that sells cute soft toys to find the perfect Valentines Day present for a certain particular 'someone special'. Basically, I would take action and at least do alittle something for 'someone special' just to make her feel special on Valentines Day.

This year's Valentines Day is alittle bit different.. I didnt really celebrate Valentines Day with anyone. Instead, I worked on Valentines Day.. To be honest, I didnt even know that i was working on Valentines Day until I noticed the shop was slightly more crowded than usual. Usually, it would be at tops 5 or 6 people in the shop but on Valentines Day it was like 7 or 8 people in the shop. And the surprising part is that the shop was crowded with females! Normally, you will rarely see beautiful girls walking into the game shop looking for games or console accessories  Later on, I looked at the calender and realized that the day was Valentines Day.

Valentines Day at work started off pretty bad.. First, i didnt close my water bottle nicely and it spilled all over my pants.. Making me look like a dork who just pee-ed in his pants. (Luckily no one notice it, not even my manager. XP) Then, the internet was down for pretty much the whole day. According to my boss, there are some technical issues going on at the TM.net center that day. But my guess was TM.net probably was trying to cut off all the internet access so all the boys couldnt play their online games and would spend more time taking action on their someone special. XD

Now on normal days, when there are no customers I would turn on the PS3 to play 'Final Fantasy XIII-2' and my manager will be on the computer either playing RO2 or reading up game articles for the up coming games. Since that day the internet was down, there is pretty much NOTHING that my manager could do to burn time. She cleaned the shop, checked the stocks, double check the stocks again, arrange the games, reload the printer, basically she did everything that we dont have to really do in the shop. Her boyfriend was working that day so they couldnt really text each other or do anything special until afterwork.. So on Valentine's Day, my manager who is not single but currently in a relationship is bored. She was not sad or anything, just really really bored. She was so bored to the extend that when there are no customers earlier that day, i actually caught her staring at the cashier screen for like 3 minutes! (scary) D8

As a good part-timer, i feel very guilty being the only one who is having fun playing the PS3 and i feel pity for my manager who is just staring of into space and falling asleep. So, i decided to not play the game (even know im rushing to finish the game before i finish my work.) and accompany my manager to together together be bored or at least accompany her by talking to her. And so we talked, just like my first day working there, no gaming, just talking to each other. We shared little bit more about each other. After all, it is the last month im working there..

On Valentine's Day, my manager who I've been working for about one month plus now only realize that i am actually single. XD After all this time, she has always have the impression of me that im a guy who is in a relationship. I find it a very interesting topic, and so i asked her that all these time, what kind of girlfriendshe thinks im dating. She said that she always thought that I am in a relationship with a girl who is not a gamer, who is quiet, and understanding cause she doesnt text me during work. One of the reason that she thinks that I have a girlfriend was also because I have sooo many friends. Well, im actually very happy that she thinks that im the kind of guy who has a gf. I will take that kind of compliment anyday. XD

Okay, Valentine's Day in the shop was not that boring.. It was boring earlier that day.. After around 2pm, business has been more productive than usual. And like i mentioned before this, most of our customers today are girls & ladies who are looking for game stuffs for their Valentine's Day special someone. One of them came in to looking for two games. The game that she was looking for was called "Assassin Creed III" and "Hitman: Absolution" but she was having a hard time remembering the name of the games.. So she said she was looking for "Assassin Street" and also "Hitman: Resolution". I couldnt help it but giggled alittle and re-confirm the title of the game that she was looking for. She laughed and apologized. She told us that she has no idea about gaming stuffs. But the fact that she took the effort to remember the game names even know she knows nothing about games, its truly touching & admirable. X)

Then there was another lady customer who is looking for computer gaming accessory for someone special (she didnt say whether it was her bf , her relative or someone else. All she said was someone special) She was having a hard time selecting the perfect gaming computer mouse. So she asked me for advice and opinion like which is one better, why is this more expensive and all. I told her the goods and bads for each mouse and after that she found one that caught her eye. It was a Razer Mouse 'Mamba' which is sealed in a very beautiful container casing. The mouse was beautiful but so is the price of it. She asked me that if im the person whom she buying the present for, would I like it or not. I smiled and told her "To be honest, if there would a girl out there who is willing to buy anything for me on Valentine's Day, it doesnt matter what it would be or how expensive it would be, I will like it no matter what. Cause its the thought that counts. X)", she agreed with what i just said and bought that Razer Mamba. 8D I really hope that someone special of hers would felt touched after receiving the mouse. X)

The most interesting and the most entertaining story that clearly made my day was a customer who successfully bought the game "Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch". It all started while I was chatting with my manager, then the shop phone rang, I picked it up and it was a girl on the phone asking whether we have the game in stock or not.. Sadly, the game was extremely popular and it was a difficult game to find in any other game outlets. (if your interested, google that game title and you will understand why it is so famous. XD) And so, I told the girl that we are currently out of stock and couldnt on hold of the game anytime soon. The girl sounded extremely disappointted and then she asked whether are there any shopping outlets which have the game. I couldnt give her a proper answer but i did recommend some other game shops to help her out. I can tell that she sounded very desperate to look for the game. In the end, she thanked me and hang up the phone..

So, the shop couldnt get on hold on the game Ninokuni UNTIL Valentines Day. Boss dropped by our shop to restock a couple of games and lucky enough we manage to get 5 copies of Ninokuni. Sadly, there were 4 people on our waiting list who already pre-booked the game in advance which means there is only one extra copy of Ninokuni left in the shop. Coincidencely, the girl who I was speaking to one the phone a few moment ago was looking for the game. So, I called back the same number (using the technologies of search engines available of phones today) and told her that we have one Ninokuni left in our store. (Bear in mind that we usually dont do this kind of extra service but it was Valentines day.. so yeah) The girl was excited & overjoyed to hear the good news. She immediately called us to reserve the game and she will be there to claim the game on that day itself.

A few minutes later, the girl came into our shop along with her friends and asked for the game. The moment I hand out the game to her she was extremely excited. And the smile that was on her face was like she just found the best Valentine's Day present ever. I was being a busybody and asked "For your Valentine's Day present?" and obviously enough she said yes. Then she told me that her boyfriend has been looking for the game all over the place (her boyfriend was actually one of our shop customer) and couldnt find the game. She helped out her boyfriend to search for the game for weeks but still couldnt find the game due to how famous the game is. Thankfully on Valentines Day she manage to get the game from us and it would probably make the BEST Valentine's Day present that she can give to her boyfriend. She thanked me about a million times for helping her to get on hold of the game. After that, before she left the shop, she wished me a Happy Valentines Day.

After the girl left and after hearing all sort of stories from the girl customers, Im amazed and touched by how far can girl go to get their boyfriend a Valentines Day present. Whoever their boyfriend are, they should be happy that they have such a considerate and loving girlfriend. And I glad that I can make their Valentine's Day little more special. X)

I had fun working in the shop during Valentines Day. I guess it was probably a good idea to work on Valentines Day. Was a great day to keep my mind of things and also help other people to make their Valentines Day special. Not to mention me and my manager received some ang paus from our boss and some from our regular customers. (I dont even know some of them. XD)

This year's Valentine's Day may be different.. but it sure was different in a good way. X)

So tell me guys, how did your Valentines day went? XP

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment for this post~ XP